Author Topic: compressor sizing  (Read 856 times)

CHenryMi

• View Profile
compressor sizing
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:31:11 AM »
Very interested in hearing from dryer venting professionals on opinions for hi pressure air exhaust cleaning.  Specifically, what compressor sizing in terms of cfm, psi, capacity, horse power, single or two stage, manufacture, are recommended for efficient use for residential and small commercial dryer applications?  Please share, if you have any, situations where you encountered, "I wish my compressor had a little more....".    Appreciate any and all feedback.  Thanks.   

meyermachine

• View Profile
Re: compressor sizing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
CHenryMI,

We're a manufacturer of Dryer Vent Cleaning tools that are powered by compressed air.  For cleaning of 4" dryer vent pipe, it is recommended to use a 2-stage air compressor that delivers AT LEAST 15 CFM @ 175 PSI.  Generally air compressors that meet this spec will have at least an 8 HP gasoline engine, or a 5 HP (230V) electric motor.  We hear "I wish my air compressor had a little more", very often from contractors that buy our tools, but insist on using the air compressor they already have.  Unfortunately, there is no replacement for the right air compressor.  When you start to deal with larger dryer ducts, you may find that other/larger tools are necessary to complete the cleaning.  In some cases a larger air compressor (up to 25 CFM@175PSI) is necessary. 

I'm happy to help you find the right tools and air compressor for your rig, give me a call  1-800-728-DUCT (3828). 

https://www.meyermachine.com/PAGES/division.php?division=2

Good Luck!

Jimbo