Dryer Venting Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Crushed vent pipe behind drywall  (Read 5362 times)

rushy

Crushed vent pipe behind drywall
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »

I'm looking for a tool if there is even a tool out there that can "punch" out a crushed vent behind a drywall instead of replacing the pipe and having to take out the drywall. Is there even a tool that can do that or no? I've been running into this problem where I've noticed dryer vents are crushed right were I cannot access it unless the drywall is cut out.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:34:27 AM by rickharp »

rickharp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dryerbox.com
Re: Crushed vent pipe behind drywall
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »

Rushy, I am not aware of a tool that would put the round back into a deformed pipe.  Keep me posted if you find anything.  Attach a picture too.  Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:34:36 AM by rickharp »
Rick Harpenau
In-O-Vate Technologies, Inc
Jupiter, FL  33477
561-743-8696

rickharp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dryerbox.com
Re: Crushed vent pipe behind drywall
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »

Not totally sure this is what you have, but the building code and the dryer manufacturers are very clear in stating that only rigid 30 guage glavanized metal pipe is allowed in the walls, crawlspace and attic (basically any concealed spaces).  And absolutely no semi rigid aluminum flex or flex of any type in these concealed spaces.  Flex pipe is only allowed as "transition" hose behind the dryer to connect to the in the wall duct system.  So if you have crushed pipe behind the drywall, you may be referring to the alum flex pipe that is not allowed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:34:43 AM by rickharp »
Rick Harpenau
In-O-Vate Technologies, Inc
Jupiter, FL  33477
561-743-8696