Dryer Venting Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Change venting for stacking washer/dryer  (Read 1539 times)

life48dancer

• View Profile
Change venting for stacking washer/dryer
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:37:57 PM »

For my small kitchen in an old Craftsman style bungalow, I'd like to stack my side-by-side GE Profile washer and dryer.  There is a stacking kit available on Amazon for my model.  The real question is venting for dryer.  It comes our of dryer at close to bottom and vents low on the wall to outside.  Can I just run a new duct down to the current vent when I stack the dryer?  I've read some posts on correct type of duct.  There is a glass window, that does not open, above the washer dryer and about the width of them.  I might like to replace this window with a more efficient dual-pane one to match the rest in the house, so that's not a big deal.  Matching the siding, if I can't vent down to current vent, is a problem.  It existed some years ago, but not at exactly the right size.  It  was OK when I covered the garage front to match the house.  Well, this will be on the driveway side...   Anyway the main question is "can I vent down?"  I hope the answer is "yes".    If "yes", advice?  ( The verification questions posed a problem.  I had to ask my husband about the baseball team.  Maybe you could find a less "male" question.  I'm a 67 year old woman in California.)

rickharp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dryerbox.com
Re: Change venting for stacking washer/dryer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »

sounds like you are hoping to use the exhaust pipe that penetrates that wall to the outside, and is low on the wall.  That is fine.  The flex I like the most for that connection is a product that Home Depot carries by GE. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Flexible-Metal-Dryer-Duct-PM08X10085DS/205472610
it is a new but very superior vent hose. 
Rick Harpenau
In-O-Vate Technologies, Inc
Jupiter, FL  33477
561-743-8696